The Embody Gratitude Project:
Nurturing Joy through Embodying Thanks
a 5-week online course for YOU!
I’m deeply excited to offer this beloved online course and share these wonderful practices with you!
We start on October 31st.
I have a little quote on my bulletin board from Martha Beck which reads,
“Your job is to maximize your own happiness,
kindness and health.”
I can’t think of a more simple, easy, and powerful practice to accomplish all 3 of those than working with what we call in Embodied Life work, “Cultivating the Field of Gratitude.”
In this course we will work with our powerful human capacities for intention and attention in ways that can change our brains and our attentional habits so that we become truly grateful people, experiencing joy on the regular.
Right in the midst of our messy, imperfect lives.
I’m excited to share this journey with you!
I’m hugely inspired about the power of these practices as I’ve seen them impact my own life and others in profound ways.
For 5 weeks this fall we’ll explore embodying gratitude.
I intend for this course to be simple, down-to-earth and easy to implement.
Also hugely inspiring, nourishing, and fun.
Are you busy?
Yeah, me too.
I want you to get how even a small investment in growing our gratitude capacity can have a BIG impact on our lives. Click here to read comments from some of the past participants. (Spoiler alert – they loved it!)
Not an intensive time commitment, not something that will keep you in your email inbox much of the time, but hugely inspiring little doses of wisdom which can change your life in surprising ways.
Embodied gratitude turns the ordinary into extraordinary.
Embodied gratitude makes you feel rich.
Embodied gratitude makes you kinder to yourself and others.
Embodied gratitude can be a boost for your immune system and for your vitality and well being.
Just think – How might your life be different if you spend 5 weeks growing your gratitude this fall?
Making your brain a little less non-stick for the good stuff in your life,
and a little less sticky for the not-so-hot stuff.
Would you like to find out?
Care to join me and an amazing group of people to begin autumn in a wonderful way?
Yay! I was hoping you’d say yes!
You can register right here.
I love this point from Brene Brown’s wonderful book The Gifts of Imperfection:
“In many ways this research has not only taught me new ways to think about how I want to live and love, it’s taught me about the relationship between my experiences and choices. One of the most profound changes in my life happened when I got my head around the relationship between gratitude and joy. I always thought joyful people were grateful people. I mean, why wouldn’t they be? They have all of that goodness to be grateful for. But after spending countless hours collecting stories about joy and gratitude, three powerful patterns emerged:
- Without exception, every person I interviewed who described living a joyful life or who described themselves as joyful, actively practiced gratitude and attributed their joyfulness to their gratitude practice.
- Both joy and gratitude were described as spiritual practices that were bound to a belief in human interconnectedness and a power greater than us.
- People were quick to point out the differences between happiness and joy as the difference between a human emotion that’s connected to circumstances and a spiritual way of engaging with the world that’s connected to practicinggratitude.”
As brother David Steindl-Rast wisely says,
“In daily life we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful but gratefulness that makes us happy.”
What? The Embody Gratitude Project: Nurturing Joy through Embodying Thanks. A 5-Week online course for YOU.
When? Our journey will begin October 31st and wrap up on Dec. 2nd.
What’s the format? You’ll receive 3 Embodied Gratitude Encouragements per week.
- Each Monday you’ll receive an inspiring lesson (audio and/or video + written) guiding you to explore cultivating gratitude in a specific, embodied way throughout the week.
- Each Wednesday you’ll receive a reminder – a concentrated dose of inspiration. (Often a poem I love!)
- Each Friday you’ll receive an invitation to reflect in a specific way on the week’s practices. (Studies show reflection is actually the most important part of the learning process.)Each of these Embodied Gratitude Encouragements – the lessons, the reminders, the inspirational photos and gorgeous poems as well as invitations to reflect on the practice in your own life – will live in the online course home. The main lessons will be in both audio and video format. You can download the audio to iTunes and listen while you walk or even do the dishes. (I like to make it easy to access without spending even more time at your computer.)
You can download all the lessons or leave them all on the site. They’ll remain there for you to access anytime you like. In addition, there’s a space for community interaction through commenting. You can participate as much or as little as you like.How much does it cost? The 5-week course is just $95What do I need to participate in this e-course?For this course, all you need is the ability to hop online with a decent connection a few times a week, plus the willingness to experiment with your own attention. Bringing a sense of humor is wonderful too. And if you like to journal as part of your reflection process, you might like to have a journal and pen at the ready. Easy peasy! It takes just minutes per day, but potent minutes that make a big difference.How do I register? I’m so glad you asked. Click right here.
You’ll receive your first lesson on October 31st. I can hardly wait!!!“I hope that you too
will say a word of thanks
for such creation
out of the wholesome earth,
which would be, and dearly is it needed,
a prayer for all of us.”
– Mary OliverQuestions? Feel free to email me: Erin@bodyhappy.comThe more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.