Join Erin Geesaman Rabke and Nan Seymour
Walk In Beauty
Santa Fe, New Mexico, Sept. 15-18, 2016
- When: Thursday evening Sept 15th through noon on Sunday Sept. 18th.
- For Whom: 12 wonderful humans who want to enjoy a weekend walking in beauty in great company in the gorgeous city of Santa Fe, New Mexico. Men and women warmly welcomed. No experience necessary.
- Where: The gorgeous boutique hotel The Inn on the Alameda, Santa Fe, NM. (Stay at the inn for a reduced rate or find your own lodging. Take a peek at the hotel, it’s beautiful!)
- What: An Embodied Life Retreat where we dive into your body wisdom, your inner life, and what it means to come awake to the beauty around us and within us.
- How: Morning meditation, gentle and powerful Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement Lessons, Embodied Inquiry, River Writing, all in wonderful company with plenty of free time to explore the wonders of Santa Fe alone or together.
- Why: Learning to walk more efficiently and gracefully will improve your quality of life! Learning to walk in the world with greater receptivity to the beauty around you? That shift can not only offer a delightful retreat weekend but can change your perspective forever.
- How much? $489 covers tuition for the 4-day retreat. You are responsible for booking your own lodging and travel. We’ve got a super discount at the Inn which includes a delicious breakfast and wine and cheese each evening at the same convenient location as our group meetings. Tell them you’re with our group for the discount. Lunches and dinners you’re on your own and there’s no shortage of awesome food in Santa Fe!
- Travel: Either fly into Albuquerque and rent a car or use a shuttle to the Inn on the Alameda. The Inn is close to the heart of Santa Fe and you can easily walk to restaurants, galleries and museums, but if you’d like to visit places further out you may wish to rent a car. Personally, I adore the road trip to New Mexico! It’s a gorgeous, spacious drive from Salt Lake through open western landscapes. We invite you to consider giving yourself an extra day or two in Santa Fe to explore!
- How Do I Sign Up? I’m so glad you asked! Mark your calendar and click right here.
- Please note: We do not offer refunds for this retreat. Consider signing up like buying a ticket to an event. If your plans need to change, you can sell your spot to another, but once you buy a spot it’s all yours. We can’t wait to share the weekend with you!!
Join us for 4 days and 3 nights in beautiful Santa Fe, New Mexico during one of the most gorgeous times of the year. The light is spectacular. We’ll meet at the lovely boutique hotel, The Inn on the Alameda, where we have a block of discounted rooms reserved for our group. (Available if you book before July 15. You’re also welcome to stay elsewhere and commute to the retreat if you prefer.)
We’ll meet Thursday evening from 6:30-8:30 pm, Friday and Saturday from 7am – 4pm with breaks for breakfast and lunch. Sunday we meet 7am-noon. You’ll be invited to join us for an evening out on the town on Saturday evening. Last year our group had a spectacular evening with sunset margaritas at the famous rooftop Bell Tower Bar at La Fonda and then a “Dream Dinner” at another local rooftop restaurant where we delighted in sharing our dreams and being inspired by one another. Who knows how it will unfold this time? However it goes, we’re sure it will be magical!
Erin will offer morning meditation, daily movement lessons, and other wise guided practices to invite you to listen deeply to your own inner wisdom. Nan Seymour will guide us in River Writing on Friday and Saturday afternoons. As a special bonus, we’ll record our sessions and after the retreat, create an online home for the retreat to live on – you can access audio recordings of the meditations and lessons and reference the poetry we both love to share. It will also be a private online space just for the members of our retreat to share photos and stay in touch.
On Friday and Saturday, we end our sessions at 4 pm so you have plenty of free time to just be. Wander among stunning art galleries on Canyon Road, take a hike among the golden aspens or the Audubon center’s lands, soak at Ten Thousand Waves spa, dine at any of the world-class restaurants, walk on the rail trail, shop in the plaza, visit a museum or any of the many historical sites, or simply take a nap. You can freely follow your own lead – with no dishes to be washed, no laundry to be done, and if you’re brave enough to unplug, no emails to return. And for sure – no one who needs anything from you for a whole weekend. (Can I get a Hell Yes?!)
We’ll explore wise movement lessons that not only make your body feel great and rewire your brain to eliminate habits of over-efforting…. we’ll explore some of my favorite Feldenkrais lessons for profoundly affecting your WALK to make it more graceful, efficient, and pleasurable. You’ll be walking in beauty inside and out.
You’ll be given generative invitations to enter the wilderness of your own body, heart, gut and mind to listen, listen, listen to your own wisdom, your life, and your current longings in a totally inspiring environment. Creatives and visionaries have been drawn to this area for good reason. You will be inspired here!
I am so honored and excited to host this one-of-a-kind Embodied Life Retreat in one of my very favorite cities in the world!!!
I will be as I was before, I will have a cool breeze over my body.
I will have a light body, I will be happy forever,
nothing will hinder me.
I walk with beauty before me. I walk with beauty behind me.
I walk with beauty below me. I walk with beauty above me.
I walk with beauty around me. My words will be beautiful.
In beauty all day long may I walk.
Through the returning seasons, may I walk.
On the trail marked with pollen may I walk.
With dew about my feet, may I walk.
With beauty before me may I walk.
With beauty behind me may I walk.
With beauty below me may I walk.
With beauty above me may I walk.
With beauty all around me may I walk.
In old age wandering on a trail of beauty,
lively, may I walk.
In old age wandering on a trail of beauty,
living again, may I walk.
My words will be beautiful.
from the Anasazi Museum at Chaco Canyon in New Mexico