Walk In Beauty
An Embodied Life Retreat in Santa Fe with Erin and writing guide Nan Seymour
How about gifting yourself a long weekend of dedicated time away from your everyday responsibilities, devoted to listening to “the new directions your longing wants you to take?”
Our time will include feel-great movement lessons, morning meditation, and time to explore and enjoy the beauty of the Land of Enchantment.
You’ll be given generative invitations to enter the wilderness of your own body, heart, gut and mind to listen, listen, listen to your own wisdom and your current longings in a totally inspiring environment – Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Creatives and visionaries have been drawn to this area for good reason. You will be inspired here!
New possibilities will emerge that you may not see from the comfort of your own home.
We’ll explore wise movement lessons that not only make your body feel great, and rewire your brain to eliminate habits of over-efforting and getting in your own way, so you can live and actualize your intentions more clearly, simply and effectively…. we’ll explore some of my favorite Feldenkrais lessons for profoundly affecting your WALK to make it more graceful, efficient, and pleasurable. You’ll be walking in beauty inside and out.
How about slowing down, getting quiet, and being present with yourself with kindness and respect?
Join us in an environment of kind openness, generous curiosity, and embodied practices.
The retreat includes 4 days and 3 nights in beautiful Santa Fe, New Mexico during one of the most gorgeous times of the year. The light is spectacular! We’ll meet at the lovely boutique hotel, The Inn on the Alameda, where we have a block of discounted rooms reserved for our group in addition to the group room for our retreat. (Discounted room rate is available if you book before July 15 though you’re also welcome to stay elsewhere and commute to the retreat if you prefer.)
We’ll meet Thursday evening from 6:30-8:30 pm, Friday and Saturday from 7am – 4pm with breaks for breakfast and lunch. Sunday we meet 7am-noon. You’ll be invited to join us for an evening out on the town on Saturday evening which will unfold in splendid spontaneity.
Included within the retreat:
- Morning sitting meditations,
- Daily movement lessons and wise guided practices to invite you to listen deeply to your own inner wisdom and what’s wanting to emerge in your life at this time.
- Special guest teacher Nan Seymour will guide us in River Writing as a tool to listen to ourselves on Friday and Saturday afternoons.
- As a special bonus, we’ll record our sessions and after the retreat, create an online home for the retreat to live on – you can access recordings of the meditations and lessons and reference the poetry we both love to share. It will be a private online space just for the members of our retreat to share photos and stay in touch after.
On Friday and Saturday, we end our sessions at 4 pm so you have plenty of free time to just be. Wander among stunning art galleries on Canyon Road, take a hike among the golden aspens or the Audubon center’s lands, soak at Ten Thousand Waves spa, dine at any of the world-class restaurants, walk on the rail trail, shop in the plaza, visit a museum or any of the many historical sites, or simply take a nap. You can freely follow your own lead – with no dishes to be washed, no laundry to be done, and if you’re brave enough to unplug, no emails to return. And for sure – no one who needs anything from you for a whole weekend. (Can I get a Hell Yes?!)
Recap on details:
- When: Thursday evening Sept 15th through noon on Sunday Sept. 18th.
- For Whom: Limited to 12 participants who want to enjoy a weekend walking in beauty (inner and outer), in great company in the gorgeous city of Santa Fe. Men and women warmly welcome. No experience necessary.
- Where: The gorgeous boutique hotel The Inn on the Alameda, Santa Fe, NM. (Stay at the inn for a reduced rate or find your own lodging. Take a peek at the hotel, it’s beautiful!)
- What: An Embodied Life Retreat where we dive into your body wisdom, your inner life, and what it means to come awake to the beauty around us and within us.
- How: Morning meditation, several brilliant Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement Lessons each day, guidance in Embodied Inquiry, River Writing, along with a wonderful community and free time to explore Santa Fe.
- Why: Learning to walk more beautifully (more efficiently and gracefully) and also learning to walk in the world much more receptive to the beauty around us can not only offer a delightful retreat weekend but can change the rest of your life!
- How much? $489 covers tuition for the 4-day retreat. You are responsible for booking your own lodging and travel. We’ve got a super discount at the Inn which includes a delicious breakfast and wine and cheese each evening at the same convenient location as our group meetings. Tell them you’re with our group for the discount. Lunches and dinners you’re on your own and there’s no shortage of awesome food in Santa Fe!
- Travel: We recommend flying into Albuquerque and either renting a car or using a shuttle to the Inn on the Alameda. The Inn is close to the heart of Santa Fe and you can easily walk to restaurants, galleries and museums, but if you’d like to visit places further out you may wish to rent a car. Personally, I adore the road trip to New Mexico! It’s a gorgeous, spacious drive from Salt Lake. We also invite you to consider giving yourself an extra day or two in Santa Fe to explore! You’ll find there’s much to see and delight in.