May you have the courage to listen to the voice of desire that disturbs you when you have settled for something safe.
May you have the wisdom to enter generously into your own unease to discover the new directions your longing wants you to take. – John O’Donohue
Please join me for this one-of-a-kind retreat in one of the most inspiring cities in the world.
How about gifting yourself a long weekend of dedicated time away from your everyday responsibilities, devoted to listening to “the new directions your longing wants you to take?” Along with feel-great movement lessons, morning meditation, and time to enjoy the beauty of the Land of Enchantment. Rather than receiving more information, you’ll be given generative invitations to enter the wilderness of your own body, heart, gut and mind to listen, listen, listen to your own wisdom and your current longings. How about doing that in a totally inspiring environment – Santa Fe, New Mexico? Creatives and visionaries have been drawn to this area for good reason. You will be inspired here. New possibilities will emerge that you may not see from the comfort of your own home.
Would you enjoy wise movement lessons that not only make your body feel great, but rewire your brain to eliminate habits of over-efforting and getting in your own way, so you can live and actualize your intentions more clearly, simply and effectively?
How about slowing down, getting quiet, and being present with yourself with kindness and respect?
Quiet dedicated time for retreat away from everyday life helps immensely for me to do be able to deeply tune in, ask good questions, and be still enough to hear the emerging answers:
What are my intentions? Are my old intentions still current? Am I living how I want to be living my life? What is wanting to be born through me now? What am I longing for?
We’ll explore these and other questions in an environment of kind openness, generous curiosity, and willingness to be surprised. Good things will happen. Guar-on-teed. :)
Please join me over 4 days and 3 nights in beautiful Santa Fe, New Mexico during one of the most gorgeous times of the year. The light is spectacular. We’ll meet at the boutique hotel, The Inn on the Alameda, where we have a block of discounted rooms reserved for our group. (You’re also welcome to stay elsewhere and commute to the retreat.) We’ll meet Thursday evening 7-9pm, Friday and Saturday 7am – 3:30pm with breaks for breakfast and lunch. Sunday we meet 7am-noon.
This retreat will include morning sitting meditation, daily movement lessons, and wise guided practices to invite you to listen deeply to your own inner wisdom and what’s wanting to emerge in your life at this time. Special guest teacher Nan Seymour will guide us in River Writing as a tool to listen to ourselves. Yippee!
On Friday and Saturday we end our sessions at 3:30 pm so you have plenty of free time to just be. Wander among stunning art galleries on Canyon Road, take a hike among the golden aspens or the Audubon center’s lands, soak at Ten Thousand Waves spa, dine at any of the world-class restaurants, walk on the rail trail, shop in the plaza, or simply take a nap. You can freely follow your own lead – with no dishes to be washed, no laundry to be done, and if you’re brave enough to unplug, no emails to return. And for sure – no one who needs anything from you for a whole weekend. (Can I get a Hell Yes?!)
I am so honored and excited for this one-of-a-kind Embodied Life Retreat in one of my very favorite cities in the world. Please join me!
Recap on details:
Dream Yourself Awake: An Embodied Life Retreat
- When: Thursday evening Sept 10th through noon on Sunday Sept. 13th.
- For Whom: 15 Brave adults who want not just to make their dreams come true, but to become true to themselves by listening for, and honoring the emergent dreams present now. Men and women welcome.
- Where: The gorgeous boutique hotel The Inn on the Alameda, Santa Fe, NM. (Stay at the inn for a super reduced rate or find your own lodging. Take a peek at the hotel, it’s beautiful!)
- What: An Embodied Life Retreat where we dive into your body wisdom, your inner life, and what it means to come awake and to honor our dreams.
- How: Meditation, Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement Lessons, Embodied Inquiry, River Writing, wonderful community and lots of free time to explore Santa Fe
- Why: Mark Nepo says it gorgeously: “All the effort to run from our fear of failure and the constant push toward some fantasized future is exhausting, when our destiny is simply and profoundly to root where we are and grow toward the light. Still, it’s hard to be here, to grow here, though the journey is made easier when we can accept that the process of living is designed for what matters to come through us tenderly. This destiny from within to without is the heart’s dialogue with what matters, the way a flower dialogues with the rain to blossom. This is the dream we’re close to living.”
- How much? $397 covers tuition for the 4-day retreat. You are responsible to book your own lodging.
- You book your own lodging (We’ve got a super discount at the Inn where they offer breakfast and wine and cheese each evening. Tell them you’re with my group for the discount. Lunches you’re on your own and there’s no shortage of awesome food in Santa Fe!)
For Longing by John O’Donohue – from To Bless the Space Between Us
Blessed be the longing that brought you here
And quickens your soul with wonder.
May you have the courage to listen to the voice of desire
That disturbs you when you have settled for something safe.
May you have the wisdom to enter generously into your own unease
To discover the new directions your longing wants you to take.
May the forms of your belonging – in love, creativity, and friendship –
Be equal to the grandeur and the call of your soul.
May the one you long for long for you.
May your dreams gradually reveal the destination of your desire.
May a sacred Providence guide your thought and nurture your feeling.
May your mind inhabit your life with the sureness with which your body inhabits the world.
May your heart never be haunted by ghost-structures of old damage.
May you come to accept your longing as divine urgency.
May you know the urgency with which God longs for you.