Mindful Spontaneity: A Weekend Feldenkrais Immersion With Carl and Erin
A Weekend Feldenkrais
Awareness Through Movementb Immersion
With Carl and Erin
Sat/Sun October 1-2, 9-5 @ Vitalize Studio
“Reduce the effort whenever possible.
The use of force is the opposite of awareness; learning does not take place when we are straining.
The principle should not be no pain, no gain.
Rather, it should be if strain, no gain.
Feldenkrais thought the use of willpower (of which he obviously had plenty) was not helpful in developing awareness.”
― Norman Doidge, The Brain’s Way of Healing: Remarkable Discoveries and Recoveries from the Frontiers of Neuroplasticity
In this workshop we will delve deeply into the rich, embodied learning of the Feldenkrais Method. Over two days together we will work with many powerful movement lessons to help us grow more ease, grace, and presence in how we move. We will learn ways to discover and release limiting habits, and to experience more deeply the freshness of choice, embodied freedom, and vitality in our movement and in our life. You’ll experience growing mindfulness, moment to moment, through embodied awareness. You’ll experience growing your sense of spontaneity and growing trust in your capacity to show up with curiosity and awareness.
We always work with you as a whole person, which goes so much deeper than just eliminating pain, or stretching muscles. Through friendly, skilled, and highly sensitive guidance, you will learn to:
- Inhabit your body more fully
- Let go of chronic holding
- Move as a coordinated, graceful animal
- Feel your wholeness and your innate body intelligence
- Feel centered, relaxed, and ready for what life asks of you
- Allow your bones do their job of weight bearing
- Allow your muscles to do their job of efficiently moving you when it’s time to move, but not effortfully holding you when you can allow yourself to be held by your bones and by the earth
- Breathe more fully and more freely, without trying to manipulate your breath
- Sense yourself in many activities in your life so you’re actually continuously learning to move with more grace, coordination and pleasure every day of your life.
- Move with less effort, which reduces wear and tear and prevents future injuries.
- Do things with greater ease and coordination.
- Be empowered to learn from your own experience, and not be a dependent client forever.
- Find new possibilities and skills across many contexts in your life.
- Become the most trusted authority on your own body.
Many people find powerful results from this work, and often reach far beyond what originally inspired their interest. Common results include:
- Pain relief and greater movement skills
- Clearer thinking
- Greater attention span
- Positive emotional states
- A more expansive and enjoyable life
- A sense of optimism and possibility
- Greater creativity
- Better sleep
- Improved athletic performance
- Effortless elegant posture
- And thousands of dollars suddenly appear in your bank account.
- (Just kidding about that last one. But totally not kidding about the rest!)
click here to register online
Saturday Only $100